Founded in 2001, ASH is now a sixteen people strong team who are passionate in solving problems applying the latest stable technologies to new situations. We’ve provided electronic solutions to transportation, power distribution, entertainment, military, sanitation and payment systems industries and for research.
About the job:
You will work alongside ASH’s collaborative technical team of ten colocated engineers with the opportunity to develop your skills in the areas of electronic design, prototyping and testing.
In your role you will:
- Assemble and modify prototype Printed Circuit Boards
- Hand solder electronic components including small surface mount parts
- Maintain laboratory stocks through management and reordering of components
- Keep the electronics laboratory tidy for safety and productivity purposes
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the internal Electrical Safety policy
The role would suit someone who has ambitions to get into basic electronic circuit design, Printed Circuit Board layout, system testing and report writing.
- Hand soldering of small surface mount components (such as 0402 or 0603 parts)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
In addition, experience of the following will also be highly desirable:
- Printed Circuit Board part database entry (ideally with Altium Designer)
- 3D CAD software such as Rhino 3D
- First Aid qualification
Flexible working arrangements are possible - see our careers website for examples https://www.ashwireless.com/pages/47-careers
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Benefits: 25 days holiday per year
Probationary period: 6 months
Please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected]