Position: Electronics and Embedded Software Engineer
Founded in 2001, ASH is now a thirteen people strong team who are passionate in solving problems applying the latest stable technologies to new situations. We’ve provided electronic solutions to transportation, power distribution, entertainment, military, sanitation and payment systems industries and for research. We enjoy pizza lunches together too.
About the job:
You will work within ASH’s collaborative technical team of eight colocated engineers creating innovative design solutions across a range of projects which might include:
- Low power microcontroller solutions operating a range of air interface protocols e.g. 802.15.4, Bluetooth, WiFi
- Industrial systems, Scientific instrumentation, Commercial products.
In your role you will:
- Have input on system, architecture and circuit designs
- Contribute to schematic captures
- Design, implement, review, test, release and maintain embedded software
- Support and debug issues with existing designs
- Test designs to specification
- Develop prototypes and bench demonstrators
- Take designs right through to production for both industrial and OEM clients
- Propose improvements and justify process tailoring
- Experience in embedded software design
- Working knowledge and understanding of embedded architectures, RTOS, software defined radios and
low power techniques
- Basic knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, Mobile networks, meshed networks, 802.11, Bluetooth and 802.15.4
- A sound foundation in digital and analogue electronics design
- A good degree in electronics engineering
- Excellent practical problem-solving skills, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good work ethic and time keeping/forecasting skills
- Creative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and to develop solutions for interesting and complex problems
- Keen to share knowledge and time, reviewing
- Able to perform under pressure
In addition, experience of the following will also be highly desirable:
- Using Labview, Java, Xcode, Android, iOS or embedded Linux.
- Bluetooth LE, Thread, ZigBee
- Signal processing
- PCB design
- RF circuit design
- Waterfall and Agile workflow
- Security, Functional Safety and Safety Integrity / IEC61508 / MISRA
Location: Southampton, Hampshire. Salary: Competitive.
Benefits: 25 days holiday per year. Probationary period 6 months
Application closing date 15th June 2018.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected]