ASH was approached to develop a range of safety and security-related in-cabin equipment to be used on commercial aircraft. The equipment uses wireless communications to pass sensor and self-test information throughout the cabin, which has a challenging multipath radio environment. In partnership with the client's engineering group, ASH developed the specifications, designs and documentation for certification, software assurance qualification and production test. Extensive experience in the operational environment has resulted in a deep understanding of the commercial aircraft operational, EMC and procedural considerations that are an essential part of this industry sector.
The types of work being carried out for this area covers:
- RF circuit design, antenna design, switched mode power supply design, digital logic design
- Functional hazard analysis and FMEA (failure modes and effects analysis)
- Liaison with third-party product design teams for:
- Software design for real-time aerospace operation to DO-178B design assurance standard
- Applications software for operators, client data analysis and production test
- Systems analysis of aircraft design data
- Systems simulation
- Environmental test design, support of environmental and EMC test for DO-160F
- Major bid submission support requiring system analysis and design together with clear descriptive proposal text
- On-site surveys and operational support
ASH designs are now operating in large passenger aircraft throughout the world.
About our client
We have enjoyed a long relationship with our client over many years but given the sensitive nature of the aerospace industry, all we wish to say is that they are a leader in aircraft cabin safety systems.
"ASH are experts in their field, very competent and have become valued partners"